A few days ago I posted about a duvet cover I made for my friend Erika. She is brainstorming what she wants to do for the rest of the decor in the room. She has a cute house and I am sure she will come up with some great stuff, but I wanted to show you a mood board that you could do with the color scheme that she has picked in her bedroom…gray and yellow. You could go so many different ways with gray and yellow. Erika has a black bed and two black dressers which I really think compliment the room. Here is the mood board I came up with. Remember, when I make a mood board I collect images of what I like and what I am going for. I don”t worry about price. Once I have got the overall look I figure out how I can make it happen by searching in other stores or DIYing them myself. Sometimes I pick one thing I will splurge on (if I think its worth it) and go ahead and buy it. Its usually the things I know that I cannot recreate myself. I like a mixture of textures and elements in a room. I love taking modern, traditional, and industrial elements and making this work together by unifying them with paint. Here is what I came up with: (Click on the pic to make it larger)
- Burlap Pillow:
- Chair: Ikea. I want to try and sew a slip cover. I never have before. I like the white and the yellow and you could throw a fun colorful pillow on top.
- Yellow Desk: West Elm I like a mixture of design elements in a room. The splash of modern with the shabby sheek Chair appeals to me for some reason. Of course, I would find a thrift store desk and paint it yellow.
- Art: The Subway Art is from Restoration Hardware. Its a little pricy for my taste. I really like this art from Etsy.com . I like the white background of the etsy one a little better.
- Black Dresser: Erika already has a tall black dresser and a wide black dresser. She painted them and they look great
- Mirror: Wal-Mart. You could find a circular mirror at a thrift store or garage sale and spray paint it. I see this being big and going above the headboard.
- Night Stand: Urban Outfitters. I like this industrial night stand. I think I would paint the metal part a dark gray, but keep the wood because it brings in the burlap/linen element. Or you could paint all of it gray too. You could look for this at an antique store or get a similar idea with an old kitchen cart.
I hope this could give you some good ideas if you are wanting to do a gray and yellow bedroom.
Thanks for Reading