Do any of you have those ugly milk crates that are so great for storage? I needed some storage in my laundry room and these crates were on sale at Home Depot for $3.00 a pop. I knew that these would go in my laundry room and I wanted them to spice it up a little.
This was what I used:
- 1/2 yard of upholstery fabric (more or less depending the size of the crate)
- Glue Gun
- Milk Crate or storage crate
- Spray Starch (optional but this is if you are particular like me)
- Cut 4 individual pieces about 1/2 inch wider than the four sides of the crate and about 4 inches longer.
- Spray starch and iron your pieces.
- Hold one piece up and mark with a pencil where you should seam the sides of the piece.
- Fold the sides at your mark. Hot glue the fold down (or heat bond if you have that)
- Hot glue the edge to the bottom of the crate.
- Fold opposite edge like an envelope.
- Hot glue the edges
- Secure to inside of crate.
- Do this on all four sides
- Glue the edges to the corner of the crate so they make a corner.