In the spirit of my goal in finishing the living room I want to share a post I have been meaning to do for some time. Soon after I finished the lack bookshelves I decided I needed some Art above the left side bookcase. The television filled the space of the right side.
I added this lamp that I spray painted:
I swapped with a friend for this one. She needed a taller lamp for her son Asa”s room so I took her shorter lamp. I didn”t have a need for it then, but I figured I would. I was right and it fit perfectly for my reading nook:
Then, I needed to fill the blank space.
I had stacked some design books up to help fill the space and I figured I needed wither one big thing or two same-sized frames with some art. I found this piece of art on Pinterest.
I searched and searched to find it online and could not find the source. So, to the maker of this art (in the unlikely, but possible event you would read this) please know I wanted to purchase this from you! I finally got so sick of looking for it I decided to make it. It was really easy to do using Microsoft Word and its infamous WordArt. I purchased a 11.5 X17 frame at casino online Wal-mart for $3.97, had the art printed at Staples on cardstock for $1 and had some sweet art for under $5.00. If you would like my version of this you can download it here. Please do not sell this. This is for your personal use only. You can see the colors I chose are different and I added a few down in the legend:
I knew that I wanted the frames to be linear. So I purchased another $3.97 11.5 X17 frame at Wal-mart. I had to think about what I wanted in this one. One day I was in our guest bedroom looking for a book and I thought it could be cool to frame a book cover. I had also seen the idea online. I asked the Hubs what his favorite classic book was and he said “The Sun Also Rises” by Ernest Hemingway. We had that one so I grabbed it off the shelf.
My favorite classic book is “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee. The hubs bought me an older version of the book so I grabbed it off the shelf.
My original idea was to frame the old book cover (different from the ones above), but I couldn”t get them to fit in the frame. So, I scanned them in using my scanner/printer. When they were scanned in I could brighten the color to make it pop! I sized them down, and printed them on cardstock from my computer. For the background, I used some leftover grey cardstock from this project and I have my unique and fun art for $4!
Here is it all said and done!
Have a great weekend,