When we walked into our rental for the first time I walked back into the master bedroom and actually said “Holy Green!!” Then I took a step back to take in the green.
Let me take you into my head in this moment… The moving process was so crazy that I was just happy to have a roof over my head that wasn’t a hotel room or a friends guest bedroom. I love my friends, but we were crossing that border of couch jumping (with a dog) while we finished renovating the house we flipped. I am sure they were ready to kick us out. Lee took one good look at my face when I walked in the room and asked our sweet landlord (she is awesome) if we could paint. She said “yes” and Lee looked at me…trying avert the tears coming into my eyes because I missed my old house…and said “lets paint it.” I was all in, and then I went to bed and got some sleep. I woke up and said “I am not painting it.” You have to understand that I still had remnants of paint of my arms from the deck. A few days earlier I had helped paint kitchen cabinets. A few days before that I had helped Lee touch up paint in an entire house, and about a week earlier I had painted trim. I was done with paint for the time being. I think I might have thrown a paint can against the wall I was so sick of paint. The crazy thing is I like to paint but not everything all at once. I decided to embrace the green for my sanity sake. Here is our master bedroom in all its glory.
My first order of business was get my closet ready. Yep, I took over this closet. Lee’s closet is in the other room. Do you think I have way too many t-shirts?
I do love the color green. I am probably a more army green kind of gal but never-the-less, I love green. I don’t like this much green in one small room. I am treating it like a challenge.
Here is how I am re-using my stuff:
- I am grabbing my striped curtains from the laundry room.
- I am using the dresser from our old living room the entry way.
- The Rock Star Gold chair will somehow get in the room.
- The yellow/Gold lamps in the entry way will become our bedside lamps
- I posted last week how I made Jewelry organization out of some drywall.
- We sold our bed so we are using the guest bedroom white bed frame, duvet, and the guest bedroom frame and headboard
- I gotta know what my outfit looks like so my big ole’ mirror will find a home
What I Purchased:
- I sold our bedding and the old brown comforter has become Piper’s blanket. I used to gift card to get this quilt from Target during Labor Day Sales. $30 for a quilt…not bad. The funny thing is that I think it’s a kid quilt. It’s no longer available at Target. I think it will become the bedding for our guest bedroom whenever we move.
- I grabbed two of these college sized desks from Target Re-Style dorm room line. they are on clearance for $19 at my target. Online they are a little pricier. I used up the rest of my target gift card. We didn’t have any side tables. Remember our old master bed was flanked by bookcases. I paid a little more for these than I wanted but I have a great future idea for them in my future home.
We will see if this hodge-podge of stuff can make me ignore the green when I walk in. I am over my paint hate, by the way. I just needed a break.