My family is coming for Christmas and its time to finish the living room. Really, there is no renovation..well, maybe a little. Mostly it's finally decorating the living room. Here is what it looked like when we moved in:
Of course it has furniture…. Here is a more updated preview:
I really enjoyed reading this post this week. It's an interesting take on trends in the interior design world. My thoughts are this
- pick the colors and patterns you like
- make sure the colors blend or “pop” in a good way
- stick to basic space planning rules
- Splurge on pieces that benefit your comfort and will last.
- Let in natural light as much as you can.
- If you like a pattern that you worried is a trend and are worried about it going out of style. Go for it anyway. Maybe use it with inexpensive pieces. Maybe use it in pillows, framed art, or curtains (that aren't expensive) That way, you can change it out without any major cost. Maybe don't but the expensive rug or recov
er your couch in it. Or do…because if you like it who cares?