The hubs and I are crossing our fingers this week. We have a very interested buyer in our flip house. In real estate it “aint over til the fat lady sings” but I really do believe she is warming up. We had to do some lawn upkeep last night because its being shown to them again. If you can”t tell, this is a starter home. Most likely the buyer will be a young couple, someone who wants to purchase a rental or a single person. If I were single and bought this home…I would turn this tiny 8inX10in bedroom into an office or a craft room…probably even a combination of both. I might even add some hidden sleeping space too! Our realtor had a great idea of someone turning it into a large closet. That could be fun too, but I think most people will use it as a bedroom. So…I came up with a couple of mood boards. One for a nursery and one for a kids room. The kids room I will post on another day…today I will do a nursery.
First and foremost….here is the before of this room. I know, I know…I am sure you all are wondering why I didn”t keep the purple sponge paint….
Here is the after….not much change except new window and flooring.
Okay…Here is basic Floor Plan I came up with. (by the way, I do these floor plans on Nebraska Furnitures Mart”s website. Its amazing!) this floor plan has exact dimensions.
Here is the Mood Board. Remember, when I do a mood board I compile things I want. If they are in the budget…I buy. If not (most are not) I try to DIY. Scroll down to see where the things in the Mood Board come from. The moodboard helps me look for things on craigslist ect… It gives me goals and colors! (P.S. If you click on the mood board it gets bigger)
Oeuf Sparrow Crib, $730. (Wow thats alot but I like the look) If you want a cheaper version (yes please) check out :Wal-Mart, Baby Mod Modena in cool Grey…$249.00. Both can convert into a toddler bed.
- DIY options: I wouldn”t. The crib is worth every penny for the babies safety. You could paint a crib you already own grey but just remember….babies put their mouths on cribs so you need to paint it well with no VOC paint.
Ikea: Lack bookcase. $129.00. I went on Ika”s website and I couldn”t find this anymore. They have had this forever! It can”t be discontinued!!!! Ikea….hear me out….this is your best bookcase! I picked this bookcase because its big and has deep shelves. You could put a 15in X 18inch basket in there. It could store toys, clothes for different seasons, books,extra baby blankets ect…
- DIY options: You could build it for about 15 bucks. I just peed my pants when I saw these plans on Ana-white.com. (This is the best website!!!) I have been wanting these bookshelves but I didn”t want to pay the price or drive 7 hours to go get them. The Heartbreak of of being discontinued has subsided..done deal I am going to build them. (wanna know where? My living room…stay tuned) Other options: Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, Sams and Craigslist and thrift stores can have great boo cases.
Ikea: Trofast Storage. $39.99. I added a bin to show you want goes in there. You can put up to 6 small bins. I would do two small bins in the top slot and two medium bins in the bottom. I would cover the bins with a fun fabric like I did here. I liked this because its low enough to someday become a place where a kid would color or do crafts. Just add a stool! You could keep the crayons in the small bin.
- DIY options: Target Has this Option. OR…you could also buy this at target, take the cushion off and add a painted piece of wood to the top to make a little desk. I also saw one of these benches at the Hollister Homes of Hope Restore for 10 bucks. It just need paint, table top, and bins or baskets.
The image is from Country Living. I found one just like it on Craigslist, Branson…$60.00. Dressers are everywhere for cheap. It needs some new handles and a coat of green paint. Throw a changing pad on top….you got a fucntional statement peice.
I couldn”t find the brand of the yellow fabric but this etsy seller will make them for you. for $200.00. I found the pic on that Etsy seller”s sight. The curtains would be used for the closet and the window. The closet door and room door would conflict too much for me…out goes the bifold doors…in comes the curtain. Of course you would want to pair the window curtains with blinds or a roman shades. A dark room means a sleeping baby…can I hear the moms sigh in relief.
- DIY options: of course I would go to my favorite fabric wholesale place and get some mustard yellow print fabric that is similar. (200 bucks is a little much for curtains) They have tons for 7.99 a yard. If you found a queen or king sheet in the right color you could use those for curtains.
This is from Target. for 39.99.
- DIY options: take a big wicker laundry basket, paint a small piece of wood with chalkboard paint Viola..same thing!
I love this one from Hoot Design Co. She will do a custom one for you too! Its only 20.00 for the print! (Her custom ones are a little more). She is a Missouri gal…even better! This would go above the Crib.
DIY options: Get on your computer and make one on your own. Word and Pages can do a lot. Just play with it! Print it at your local print store. This way it can say what you want!
DIY Options: Craigslist and old rocker and reupholster it. Sometimes they come in great colors anyway!
DIY Options: I think shaggy rugs are fun for babies rooms. It would be time-consuming but you could make one like this.
Other Ideas for this space:
- I would paint the wall with the closet window and toy storage thick horizontal stripes of white and chalkboard paint. It would look a little like this.
- I would paint the entire wall with the crib in chalk board paint. The white book shelf and colorful print and bedding would be a good contrast. Maybe write the ABCs at the top as a border.
- On the toy storage wall I would hang book storage like . Or on the part of the wall that has white stripes hang picture ledges to look like art. You can kind of see my idea here. The chalk board stripes would start low enough for the kid to write on.
- I would hang shelves above the dresser for more storage (diapers, wipes, ect.) I would also put the vintage fan in the on the shelf and replace the light fixture with a fun chandelier. You can spray paint one like this or make one like this.
- I would probably do simple crib bedding with no bumper and put lots of fun colorful pillows inside the crib. (Green, yellow. turquoise, orange…..)
I hope this give you good ideas! Thanks for reading!